AQTF Quality Indicators Handbook and workshops
The Australian Quality Training Framework Quality Indicators Handbook for Registered Training Organisations is now available.
The handbook, which can be downloaded from the Australian Council for Educational Research website, consists of a suite of materials to assist RTOs with the Quality Indicators process.
The handbook gives guidance on managing data collection, conducting data analyses and using data for quality assurance and continuous improvement processes.
Under the AQTF, RTOs are required to report on the following three National Quality Council endorsed indicators:
- Learner Engagement � this indicator focuses on the extent to which learners are engaging in activities likely to promote high-quality skill outcomes and includes learner perceptions of the quality of their competency development and the support they receive or have received from RTOs.
- Employer Satisfaction � This indicator focuses on employer evaluation of learner competency development and the relevance of learner competencies for work and further training, as well as employer evaluation of the overall quality of the training and assessment.
- Competency Completion � This indicator shows the number of enrolments and qualifications completed and units of competency awarded in the previous calendar year by each RTO.
The data collected will be used by registering bodies to monitor the performance and continuous improvement processes of RTOs, as well as to determine the RTO�s risk rating.
To help RTOs with the implementation of the Quality Indicators a series of national information sessions will be conducted from February to April to help develop an understanding of the AQTF 2007 Quality Indicators, and associated instruments and collection systems.
These sessions seek to:
- enhance awareness of the AQTF 2007 Quality Indicators
- build capacity to interpret Quality Indicator data
- improve strategies for evidence-based continuous improvement
- develop competence in survey administration.
Sessions will be led by ACER in collaboration with state and territory registering bodies.
In addition to the information sessions ACER will provide:
- video conferences
- an information session video or podcast
For more information on the information sessions visit http://aqtf-qi.acer.edu.au/
To access the Australian Quality Training Framework Quality Indicators Handbook for Registered Training Organisations visit www.acer.edu.au/aqtf
This page was generated on 26 August, 2009